I like to have a place for everything and I need to plan out everything before I start. Sometimes, this weirdness of mine prevents me from just starting doing the things I so carefully plan.
So to stop me from procrastinating with starting to work towards achieving my goals, I thought it would be a good idea to write them all down in one place where I can review them and see my progress.
Not all of them can be labeled as goals but as actions that I want to take to improve in each area of my life.
So, without further ado, here is my list!
Family & Friends
- Keep in touch. Phone & text every day!
- Get together with friends at least once per week.
- Make an effort to be less judgemental and a better listener.
- Be as supportive as I can.
- Write hand-written letters to family & friends.
- Reach out to my sisters more often.
- Have family/friends over for dinner once a month.
- Let go of unsupportive people and keep in touch with those who make me smile.
- Host a “favorite things” party where everyone brings enough of their favorite thing to share with everyone else.
- Do a weekend lake trip with the family.
Career, Business & Finances
- Do what I love and make money from it.
- Save 6 months of living expenses in an emergency fund.
- Have a positive net worth.
- Make enough to where 50% covers our bills and put the other 50% towards savings & giving.
- Buy a brand new car.
- Be able to help my mom financially when she’ll get older.
- Be able to send our kids to college without student loans.
- Save 100,000 every year.
- Review investments possibilities.
- Take a real-estate course.
- Make a savings plan and make Budget Review every month.
- Create multiple streams of income.
- Generate 30,000 passive income in 1 month.
- Buy a house.
Fun, Recreation & Personal Development
- Learn calligraphy & hand-lettering.
- Take me on a solo date once per month (try something new!)
- Learn sewing.
- Make a quilt.
- Improve my drawing by creating a drawing routine.
- Paint another watercolor to hang in the house.
- Paint on canvas.
- Learn how to pose for photos.
- Learn how to create videos.
- Read at least one new book every month.
- Reread “5 people you meet in heaven”.
- Ask 5 friends their favorite book and read them all. (It’s is also a beautiful way to learn about your people.)
- Listen to nothing but podcasts while I’m driving.
- Watch documentaries/ted.
- Start Miracle Morning practice.
- Attend a personal development seminar.
- Set personal goals at the beginning of every month & review them daily.
- Find and join online personal development groups. (Facebook)
- Improve my body language.
- Focus on always being positive towards others.
- Learn time management skills.
- Go on a photo walk. The only way to get better at photography is to keep taking pictures. I have a great camera that I always forget to use. Take it once a month and take pictures on purpose.
- Instagram at least once a week.
- Get a real good massage. I’ve never had one.
- Do 15-minute clean every day.
- Frame and hang up pictures at home.
- Re-decorate our living room.
- Buy new furniture that we need.
- Decorate our master bedroom.
- Develop and stick to a cleaning schedule.
- Organize the kitchen better.
- Create an indoor meditation/workout space.
- Develop my personal style. Re-vamp my wardrobe and create a Capsule Wardrobe.
- Decorate our home with at least 5 planets
- Complete a 30-day simplify your life challenge.
- Declutter – Restart & Finish Konmari
- Do something fun together once per week. More fun together. Fun trips. Quality time.
- Vacation just the 2 of us once per year.
- Mega-vacation to Europe!
- Go on a snowboarding trip!
- Go on a biking trip.
- Go to moulin rouge (cabaret show).
- Go to a football game.
- Say ‘I love you’ every day!
- Keep the romance alive. 🙂
- ‘Unplug’ together 1 hour every day (no phones, TV, or laptops!)
- Do my fair share around the house.
- Cook together once per week.
- Create a Friday dinner tradition.
- Make bread once a week for three months. I’d love having it as part of our life rhythm.
- Bake a chocolate cake.
- Make homemade pizza.
- Get our family’s photo taken by one of our many talented friends.
- Take a photo of our baby boy every day for the first year of his life.
- Make mason memory jar.
Giving & Contribution
- Donate food and groceries for a family in need.
- Research charities and pick THE one that I want to donate to.
- Volunteer in my local community.
- Help a friend in need, no questions asked.
- Be there for friends and family.
- Cook for others.
Spirituality, Health & Fitness
- Join a gym and attend 3 times a week.
- Run a 5K.
- Be a vegetarian for 1 month.
- Learn to swim.
- Do 40 pushups in a row.
- Do 100 Crunches.
- Create a workout routine.
- Create a morning routine.
- create an evening routine.
- Watch less TV.
- Develop and maintain a daily yoga practice.
Complete a 30-day yoga challenge. Perhaps participating in a 30-day challenge where each session is less than ten minutes is the way to make that happen.
- Maintain a daily meditation practice.
- Assess my state of mind nightly and re-align with my goals.
- Keep a daily journal.